New Zealand Blackcurrant extract boosts exercise-induced cardiovascular function and lowers blood pressure during 30 minutes of brisk walking.
- 15 participants on CurraNZ blackcurrant extract experienced a 6% reduction to diastolic blood pressure after 7 days, which increased to 11% after 14 days of daily use
- A 14% reduction in total peripheral resistance after 14 days continuous intake
- Mean arterial pressure (average blood pressure measurement) reduced by 7% after 14 days, but had no significant effect after 7 days
- 9% increase to cardiac output at 7 and 14 days
- 10% increase to stroke volume after 14 days